Now that we have DSL a whole new world is opening up to us – literally.
I am finally able to scour Google Earth and I thought I might give you a picture of where we live so that you can better understand what I’m talking about in some of my posts.
Here’s the key landmarks;
1. Our Home – Less than 2 km (1.24 miles) from Geographe Bay we live about 1m above sea level.
2. Busselton Jetty It is said to be the longest wooden pier in the Southern Hemisphere but these days it’s becoming a political bunfight as much needed repairs are going to cost millions.
3. Vasse-Wonnerup Wetlands – These wetlands are now part of Ramsar’s Wetlands of International Importance. Teeming with local flora and fauna this wetlands area encompasses more than 1000ha.
4. Bunnings – Maybe the equivalent of the US Home Depot but nowhere near as bad. I’m a self-confessed Bunnings groupie and wear my free t-shirt with pride – when I’m painting.
5. Our favourite nursery This has just been sold and unfortunately the last owners let it run down too much. Most of the plants were potbound and/ or stuggling.
6. Vasse Diversion Drain – Most of Busselton is low lying flood plains so the council built a diversion drain to take most of the runoff back out out to see. However, in 1997 (6 years before we built here) it flooded.
Anyone else want to share their Google Earth map?