When wading through some gardening posts and articles yesterday, I came across this little gem from The Hollywood Gossip. Michelle starred on the Dave Letterman show and imparted some of her gardening wisdom.
As we are all very aware, Michelle is quite the gardening buff since she started the White House Vegie Patch. Obviously it’s going well if her gardening facts are anything to go by.
So, just sit back, take in a deep breath and knock these over one-by-one.
- Gardening was invented in 1822 by Albert Gardener.
- Plant avocados, tomatoes, onions and cilantro together and grow a guacamole tree.
- Eggplants were originally cultivated for use as doorstops.
- In his lifetime, the average American will eat half a radish.
- The largest zucchini ever grown contained a Starbucks.
- Later this year the Supreme Court will finally rule on “tomato” vs. “tomahto.”
- If you have an actual green thumb, it might be scurvy.
- Lettuce is 96 percent water and 4 percent lettuce.
- The White House tool shed contains shovels, trowels and Weed Whacker One.
- With enough care and effort you can grow your own Barack-oli.
Photo source: Tadias Magazine